Pre-interview tips for success
You’ve nailed down the appointed time for that BIG interview. Now, pay attention to how you behave immediately before the interview.
Pre-interview behavior can actually set the stage for a positive or negative interview experience. Taking the time to think about how you will behave as you arrive at the location and wait for your interview is an important step in the overall interview process. Here are a few general thoughts:
- Make sure you’ve eaten sufficiently and are well hydrated before leaving home for the interview.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- In introductions, always remember the firm handshake and a genuine smile.
- When walking from the waiting area to the interview room, engage in small talk.
- Calm jittery nerves by taking deep breaths or practicing positive thinking
Of course, you want to do your homework beforehand by adequately researching the company. The last thing you want to do is ask “first-level” questions, such as, “Tell me about your company,” or, “What products to you make?” At Key Corporate Services, it’s our job to help you know a lot about the company you will interview. It’s just one of the benefits of working with us. We educate you thoroughly on the company and the position. You will go into the interview knowledgeable and ready to represent yourself in the most favorable light.
The Key Corporate Services Blog Team
Handy guide to our blog post series