Reasons to look for a new job #7: You have a dream!
Previous posts in series:
- Reasons to look for a new job #1: You don’t like your current job
- Reasons to look for a new job #2: You want to be in a new location
- Reasons to look for a new job #3: You want to be back in your old location
- Reasons to look for a new job #4: You don’t like your current location
- Reasons to look for a new job #5: You’re not challenged enough
- Reasons to look for a new job #6: You want to use your education
Thus far, most of the posts in this series have been about dissatisfaction: You’re not happy with your current life, so you want to make a change. But life isn’t only about taking care of problems–it’s also about pursuing opportunities and dreams!
Pain avoidance is a good thing. So is making a decent living. But a job should be about more than just getting by. Here are some typical dreams that people have with respect to their work:
- Taking on an entrepreneurial role.
- Demonstrating one’s skills to the fullest, being appreciated for them.
- Becoming a C-level executive.
- Being a leader and managing effectively.
- Working in another country.
- Turning a business around, bringing order to chaos.
- Working with interesting people.
- Managing big projects, planning major events.
- Earning a positive reputation in the business world.
- Creating or launching new products.
- Working with people more, helping others, mentoring.
- Bringing a long-cherished idea to life.
These are just a few that came to mind. Your own dream may not be on the list! Most likely, it is something more specific.
If you are a top professional in your field, there is no reason not to dream big these days! The job market is actually excellent for those with the right behaviors, skills, and experience. Key Corporate Services is a major executive recruiter in many different practice areas. If you have a career dream, we want to hear from you! We’ll do our best to help you make it happen.
The Key Corporate Services Blog Team
Handy guide to our blog post series