Understanding how Executive Recruiters work
When working with an executive recruiter, it is important to remember that search firms are paid by their clients to source, recruit, and place candidates who fit their needs.
When you enter a relationship with an executive recruiter, seek their advice. They can be a BIG help to you in understanding the recruiting process and just how to maximize the positive impact you can make in an interview with a client.
Here are six tips to keep in mind during your job search:
- Executive recruiters can provide very effective advice and suggestions during your job search. Listen carefully and consider all tips and techniques shared with you by the recruiter.
- The best recruiters are those that are available to you when requested. On the flip side, when the recruiter has presented you to a client, it’s important that he/she can reach you in a timely manner, and that you return calls promptly.
- Be open and honest in all dealings with a recruiter. This means keeping them informed of any change in your employment status; i.e., other job offers and opportunities being considered. When asked by the recruiter, you should provide complete and accurate information regarding your compensation, including details of all components of your compensation.
- If you decide to work with more than one recruiter, it is important that both recruiters be aware of any presentations being made on your behalf. You must avoid being presented to the same company by more than one recruiter.
- A recruiter does not always acknowledge receipt of an unsolicited resume and corresponding information unless the recruiter, or their firm, is involved in an assignment where your skill set and experience are appropriate for the assignment. Follow up with the recruiter immediately after all interviews, discussing your interest level and opportunities. Delays in the response time back to the client can convey the wrong message.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with top executive recruiting firms like Key Corporate Services is an effective component of managing your long-term career development.
As a candidate, knowing how executive recruiters work will work to your advantage when you DO decide to use our services.
At Key Corporate Services, it’s our business to match great candidates to great positions.
From The Key Corporate Services Blog Team