5 Steps for Attracting the Best Candidates
Competing for Top Talent
The hiring process has changed. Job candidates are much more informed in today’s market than they were just 5 to 10 years ago. High-quality candidates are busy, in demand, and expect answers quickly. You’re responsible not just for finding the right people, but recruiting them and, ultimately, closing the deal by adding them to your staff.
Consider your current processes.
- How are you competing for top talent?
- How are you marketing to candidates?
- What is your messaging?
- How successful is your hiring process?
You must be able to answer these questions to ensure you’re attracting the right hires for your organization.
Here are 5 steps for attracting the best candidates:
- Expand the Talent Pool – When you’re looking at only the 10 to 20 percent of active job-seeking candidates, you’re working with a limited supply. Do you really want to eliminate up to 90 percent of the available talent pool? You need a partner that can sift through the layers of potential candidates and find the diamonds that may not stand out at first pass.
- Sweeten the Deal – The top producing employees are often harder to dislodge from their present employers. Key Corporate Services helps uncover what motivates top talent and assists you in finding ways to appeal to their needs and strengthen your chances of landing a vital employee.
- Streamline Your Process – When word gets out that a top candidate is available, competitors will swarm. It’s imperative that you connect quickly with key talent and guide them toward making the decision to join your team. Speed and concise decision-making matters.
- Use Multiple Proactive Channels – A successful search includes multiple tactics. Running ads and posting jobs on your company’s website are the most common tactics, but the resumes you’ll receive are from only those candidates who are actively looking – just 10 – 20 percent of available talent! Our firm proactively contacts all prospects that fit your job profile and sift out the best candidates.
- Identify Areas to Improve – Your interviewing and hiring process may be good, but perhaps it could be better. At Key Corporate Services, we implement strategic processes with our partners to improve hiring success.
Are you anxious to improve the way your company competes for top talent? Contact us today.
Leave a Reply